Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Medical Cases?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has NOT been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; all tables with their legends are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Figure legends can be placed at the end of the text.
- All contents of manuscript must be written in English. Some accented letters may not be displayed correctly in the online version. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All authors certify that he or she has participated sufficiently in the intellectual content, the analysis of data.
Each author has reviewed the final version of the manuscript and approves it for publication.
Should the editors request the data upon which the work is based, the authors shall produce it.
- Each figure is saved and uploaded as a single file, not embedded in the main text Word file. Figure format can be JPG, EPS or TIFF. Figure files should be properly labeled.
- The authors should declare any conflict of interests related to this manuscript.
- There must be a title page included in the manuscript maintext, with all authors' affiliations and addresses clearly indicated, the corresponding author's email, telephone and fax number are also clearly given.
- The authors have obtained written permission for the use of text, tables, and/or illustrations from any copyrighted sources, and agree to supply such written permissions to Journal of Medical Cases upon request.
- When entering the submission's Metadata, make sure all authors are entered, not only the submitting or corresponding author. The first name and last name of each author must be in full instead of in initials.
Important Submission Notes
When uploading the manuscript files, please be advised that ONLY the manuscript maintext should be uploaded as the SUBMISSION FILE (in step 2), all other files (such as figures, cover letter, etc) must be uploaded as SUPPLEMENTAL FILES (in step 4).
- If you prepare your manuscript using a reference software, you should remove the field codes before submission.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
In assigning copyright, authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication. The editors, editorial board, sponsoring organizations, and publisher do not assume responsibility for the statements expressed by authors in their contributions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Reviewers provide comments for the editor and for the authors. The Journal expects reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential communications and not to use the content for their own purposes or make copies of the manuscripts. Reviewers are also expected to declare to the editor any possible conflicts of interest.